10 November 2011

A pause to play... The Beatles

Ok, I know I said I would be posting another photo editing tutorial yesterday... Sorry! I got all messed up with things to do at work, but it's coming, I promise!

First things first, today is the day of the week when I unveil a bit of the soundtrack of my life and invite you to make a pause and play it. On to that now!

A few weeks ago the husband came to me saying that lately I was posting music that he doesn't see me hearing. I think he was talking about Mike and the Mechanics or Smashing Pumpkins, anyway, he was right. That's because those are songs that are attached to my memories, and therefor take part on the soundtrack of my life, but I don't necessarily hear them at this stage of my life. I'm in a different mood, I suppose. Anyways... This is fun because it means he is getting to know things about me he didn't knew before, so, here goes another one to surprise him:


I was about ten years or so when I started to learn how to play the guitar. Me, my sister, my cousin and a bunch of other kids, made quite a mess on saturday morning's at the house of the guy that was trying to teach us. Trying is the proper term. Truth to be told, he was not much older than us, I would say about five years,  but we saw him as the big guy. The boys, on the other hand, couldn't care less and gave him quite a hard time always running around. (Well, my sister being a tomboy always fighting them certainly did not helped.) Looking back now, I don't know how I ended up learning how to play the guitar. I think it must have been some kind of a miracle!

The memories from those fun times are always full with songs that, at the time, we saw as music for grown-ups. The Beatles, Genesis, Pink Floyd... those were the songs he gave us to play, and he even recorded us tapes that we would listen at home and take to school to impress our friends.

I never learned how to play this song, but it has always been one of my favorites from the Beatles. Back then I still believed that nothing was gonna change my world. Now, I know that my world can easily change, but I will always be myself.

**
Band: The Beatles
Song: Across The Universe
Check out the whole series of thursday's pause to play

5 comments:

  1. Great pick lady, I love this song! Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great memory.
    I'm a Beatles fan. I remember listening to my mothers' vinyls over and over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Pink Floyd. And the Beatles, and Jim Morrison. Grew up listening to those because of my dad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, yes, I'll talk about my dad one of these days :) but I got a feeling they're from the same generation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of the best Beatles songs ever...thanks for reminding me!!
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are always welcome! Go ahead and say what you feel like, even if is just an hello.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...