07 July 2011

wedding at the weekend... what to wear?

So... I bought a dress. It's a little cocktail dress.


It's emerald green. It's short (maybe too short...). It's strapless. It has a vintage feel in it's rockabilly shape. And it has stripes on the skirt!

It's the kind of dress you can really dress up or dress it down. So, I could grab a pair of black heels from the closet, and maybe a little black jacket and get away with that, and look sharp and polished. But... I'm more into looking sweet than sassy. There for I've decided to wear my wedding shoes (or maybe I was just waiting for an excuse to do it...). Just because they look sweet and they complete the outfit less sharper but more vintagy. Or so I think. Plus the husband is taking his linen light brown suit*, so I don't want to end up looking like Carrie Bradshaw datting Noah Calhoun, if you know what I mean.



My wedding shoes


So, now what should I wear with that? Hair up? Hair down? Curly? hum... Jewelry, acessories, or not so much? I'm thinking to go easy only with a statment necklace, but not so shure of that either. Don't want to go over the head with green, but don't know if it would work adding other colors. Don't get me wrong, I'm not afraid of using color, as long as I don't look like a traffic light!

I know. It's the day after tomorrow. Any advice??

**
Photos via here, here, here, here, here, here and here.


*Just for the record, I bought the husband a cute tie, and thats it. He is ready to go. Easy to be a guy... That just makes me mad!

2 comments:

  1. I say keep it simple and put on some red lipstick. Rockit girl!
    Nice blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. red lipstick is a total rockabilly thing. but if you're going for a sweet look I would say: pair that green with a soft pink or something neutral like your shoes.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are always welcome! Go ahead and say what you feel like, even if is just an hello.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...